Monday, August 01, 2005

Woof - Late Nite

Sunday, Caleb did not want to take a nap. I tried to get him to lay down, but did not insist... Then at dinner, Caleb fell asleep in his highchair. So I let him nap there.

When he woke (it was a relatively short nap), I gave him a snack, but it was late. Then, of course, he did not want to go to bed on time. Jen held him while he thrashed around until 11:15 pm, much later than his usual bedtime.

Then, he woke at 5:15 am. Uh. I held him for a couple hours, with him squirming and fighting the whole time. A rough morning, all-around.

He fell asleep in the car on the way to daycare, of course.

The lesson I have learned from this is that naptime is vital. I have to insist on a nap everyday. A nap sometime before 3 pm. It should be more than an hour long, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quinn had a busy day and failed to nap till Grandma drove home. Then he woke up when transferred to my car and when we got home, instead of napping, he screamed for about an hour and a half. Then he napped. Then he woke up cranky.
So, I guess, I'm agreeing. Naps=good.

8/02/2005 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home